Firm Planned Production Order Video
Here you will see an overview of the Firm Planed Production Order and Financials for Office 365.
In the Firm Planned Prod. Order window, you can enter information on firm planned production orders.
As opposed to released production orders with posted entries, firm planned production orders can be rescheduled and deleted manually.
Planning lines for firm planned production orders can be automatically rescheduled and changed by the planning system, but they cannot be deleted automatically.
The firm planned production order is unique because of the following characteristics:
- You can automatically create a firm planned production order from a sales order.
- A firm planned production order acts as a placeholder in the planning schedule for some future job released to the floor.
- A firm planned production order can be generated from planning or created manually or from sales orders. They are not erased during subsequent planning.
- Their generation in planning results in a suggested "planned order release" that includes: quantity, release date, and due date. The planning system logic is based on the replenishment system, reorder policies, and order modifiers that it encounters in the net requirements planning process.
- To view their impact, look at the load for each work center or machine center on the firm planned production order's routing.