There has been some confusion around what Dynamics 365 is since Microsoft announced it at the World Partner Conference (WPC). WPC is an event Microsoft runs every year aimed at its partners globally.
So what is Dynamics 365? Microsoft Dynamics 365 is the name of the platform where Microsoft cloud applications can work seamlessly with other business apps in the cloud.
Is that a good thing? Yes. Dynamics 365 allows you to consolidate your business systems into a single, connected application, one that integrates closely with Office 365. Dynamics 365 allows you to use only the apps that you need as your business needs grows or changes.
This includes: Dynamics 365 for Sales, Dynamics 365 for Customer Service, Dynamics 365 for Operations, Dynamics 365 for Financials, Dynamics 365 for Field Service, Dynamics 365 for Project Automation, Dynamics 365 for Marketing.
There will be two offerings:
- Dynamics 365 Business Edition (based on Dynamics NAV integrated with Office 365. This will be a very cut down version that won't be available in Australia until end of 2017)
- Dynamics 365 Enterprise Edition (based on Dynamics AX, Dynamics CRM and Office 365)
Where does Financials for Office 365 sit in all of this?
Imagine three building blocks from top to bottom where:
- Financials for Office 365 is the champion team – that make Dynamics 365 and Dynamics NAV useful for your business with powerful Microsoft cloud accounting functionality.
- Dynamics 365 is the base platform that connects all the applications together, and;
- Dynamics NAV is the pedigree that the 'Dynamics 365 for Financials' platform was built on (used by millions of users every day on-premise)
Why Financials for Office 365 instead of Dynamics 365 Business Edition?
Financials for Office 365 is an available app today in Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines, with added industry specific features and localisations for each region so there is no need to wait until the end of 2017. It can be implemented quickly through our partner network with our FLASH methodology, so customers get up and running rapidly. For example;
- Lite Edition – in a day;
- Standard Edition – from 8 days;
- Premium Edition – in under a month
Our Lite Edition would be the closest to Dynamics 365 Business Edition when it comes out, which means if you start with Dynamics 365 Business Edition, Financials for Office 365 will be your upgrade path. If you start with Financials for Office 365 now, you can upgrade to either our Standard or Premium Edition by simply changing your subscription.
About Financials for Office 365 Hosted in Azure, Financials for Office 365 is Microsoft powered cloud accounting software.
Why is this important? Financials for Office 365 fills a gap in the market between big business systems and small business software that cannot scale. The solution: a truly simplified enterprise-grade software that is made affordable and quick to implement for small to growing businesses.
Should you wish to know more about Dynamics 365 or Financials for Office 365, contact our team for more information.